Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Eaton is developing in Prague Innovation Center a team to participate in its Energy Transition in Buildings (ETiB) business. This team will provide new products developments together with other Eaton teams in Europe and rest of the world, in order to ensure ETiB business can provide the best portfolio of products and solutions to grow.
Eaton is looking for power electronics engineers to develop electrical vehicle chargers and other power conversion solutions for ETiB. This team will be responsible for designing, developing and testing products that suits to business and manufacturing needs through Eaton New Product Development process, Eaton design best practices and Eaton COE platforms.Your key deliverables:
- Execute design and development workstream for power electronic converters within Energy Transition systems, including architectural, technical and components choices as well as simulation, analog and digital electronics
- Execute developments according to specified business needs, under the coordination of project manager
- Ensure their design participates into Eaton Power Electronic COE platforming
- Collaborates with mechanical, layout, and firmware engineers to successfully develop and validate the designs
- Participate into cost and schedule objectives of their projects together with project manager
- Participate into verification and validation plan and tests together with validation team
- Participate in the development or all documents demanded by Operations for supply and manufacturing
- Follow quality guidelines and contribute to quality target achievements
- Follow Eaton NPD process Prolaunch
- Evaluates the designs to meet requirements factoring in performance, cost, size, reliability, and manufacturability.
- Stays current with the latest power electronics technologies and applies knowledge to power conversion.
- Interfaces with other Eaton team within ETiB business and within their expertise field
- Bachelor´s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of related engineering experience in power electronics designs and product development
- Significant modeling, simulation and analysis experience with tools like MATLAB/Simulink, SPICE, and PSIM
- Significant hands-on experience with power converter development and testing
- Customer focused with good relationship building and communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving using logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Capable to get results in an independent manner within a teamwork approach
- Ability to learn new skills, knowledge, industry, or products
What Eaton offers:
- Master´s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Good understanding of power semiconductors, magnetics design, EMC/EMI design practices, and PCBA design practices
- Good understanding of electrical power distribution
- Understanding of global compliance standards
- Experience in power electronics virtual prototyping
- Experience working in diverse cultural situations with global customers and team members
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering processes
- Design for Six Sigma certification
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us