Eaton Career Opportunity
Eaton European Innovation Center has an opening for a Controls and DevOps Senior Engineer with a focus on industrial controls and DevOps for applications in Vehicle or alternatively in Aerospace domain. This position will perform conceptual design and development of controls and embedded software and will manage infrastructure and tools for test and development. As a key member of a global team, this Senior Engineer will help define requirements, design embedded system software and control algorithm solutions. Also be in charge of setting up and maintain automation tools for developing digital pipeline (CI/CD) and lead testing and quality assurance activities to ensure quality, reliability and cybersecurity up to and including certification and product launch with the support of model-based development processes.
Location: Prague, Innovation Centre
Senior Engineer - Controls and DevOps
- Identifies, develops & evaluates core technologies in the area of controls and embedded systems with a focus mainly on Vehicle applications (or Aerospace), critical to Eaton business needs.
- Utilizes Model Based Design process to enhance design robustness and continued enhancement of control algorithms and application software to support product features.
- Design, develop and manage digital pipeline and test environment
- Design and develop integration and functional tests plans and procedures contributing to the overall test strategy
- Ensure maintainability and scalability of the CI/CD infrastructure
- Guarantee reliability, quality and cybersecurity of software solutions
- Working with team members and engineering manager to estimate development, resources and timing to achieve the desired results
- Interfaces with stakeholders. Conducts project reviews and make presentations.
- Stay current with the latest control and CI/CD systems technologies and apply knowledge to given projects.
- University degree in Controls, IT, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering discipline, or relevant experience
- Experience with DevOps, control or embedded systems applications
- Good experience with Mathworks family tools (Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow).
- Knowledge of coding skills in C, testing and validation
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Docker, Gitlab, Polyspace)
- Knowledge of V-model development process with support of model-based development process preferred.
- Preferably knowledge of static analysis tools and scripting
- Fluent English
What can you expect from us?
- International team of professionals, opportunity to learn new technologies
- Focus on technology and innovation
- Roomy offices, excellent canteen, table tennis, cycling and sport friendly environment
- Annual bonus, office hours flexibility, private pension scheme contribution and other benefits
- Flexible working hours (home office up to 3 days a week ),nursery contribution
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team, worldwide spread of contacts and projects.
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is important for us.
- Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce - the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are - both individually and as an organization - and direct our activities every day.
- Green company targeting carbon neutrality in its operations by 2030.
The Eaton European Innovation Center (EEIC) offers an exciting and engaging environment for creative engineers who are looking for great learning, advancement and technology leadership opportunities in a broad range of technological fields and in a highly diverse team of researchers and engineers.
With almost 180 employees we are a vibrant fast-growing Engineering and Innovation Center for electrical, green energy, vehicle, and aerospace applications for the region focus on businesses in Europe, Middle East & Africa.